Varsity Film Cup - Submissions Now Open
Varsity Film Cup Submissions Overview (40 minutes or less)
Varsity Film Cup (hereafter known as ‘Varsity’, ‘We’ and ‘Our”) is now accepting short film entries from around the globe, made by students who made their films as part of their curricular activities at a film school, college or universities.
Varsity is an international event curated by Wicked Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘Wicked’) to showcase student short films, animation, music videos, documentaries and machinima.
Short Film (40 minutes or less) submissions are now open whether they be…
Action, Adventure, Alternative, Animation, Art, Avantgarde, Biography, Classics, Comedy, Comedy Drama, Crime, Culture, Dance, Dark Comedy, Documentary, Family, Fantastic, Fantasy, Film Noir, Flash, Health, History, Horror, Human Rights, Independent, Kids, LGBTI, Live Action, Medical, Melodrama, Mockumentary, Music, Mystery, Nature, News, Parody, Postmodern, Realism, Reality, Religion, Road Trip, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent movie, Social Issues, Spiritual, Surreal, Thriller, Transgender, Underground, Urban, War, Western… and more.
Open for submissions – 6 November 2015
Deadline for submissions Midnight – 20 August 2016
Announce official selection – 3 October 2016
Wicked Film Festival – 17, 18, 19 and 20 November 2016
Terms and Conditions
1. Filmmakers from film schools, colleges, and universities from around the world submitting a short film to the Varsity accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions.
2. Varsity only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept short films in any language… However, short films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to the Varsity is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at Wicked if it is selected.
4. We only accept short films that have been produced by student filmmakers who were enrolled in their film school, college, and university between 9 May 2015 and 8 May 2016.
5. All submission fees are non refundable. Fees are:
Submission Fees – midnight 20 August 2016
- Short Films – AUD$15.00 for films 40 minutes or less
- No Late Fees apply
6. Varsity Film Cup category entrants must be registered in a recognised university, college or film school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify.
You must supply the following:
- Entrant’s Student ID
- Name of film school, college, or university
- Name of Your Course
- Letter from the lecture or teacher endorsing the submission/s
- Email of lecturer or teacher
7. How to Submit
Complete and submit Your online submission form… click here
Pay relevant Submission fee via PayPal
You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
Films must be submitted EITHER via online screener or into a Dropbox folder provided by Wicked
Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
- Production credits and contact details
- 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
- Media pack for promotional use by WFF
- A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a Wicked event. However, only films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue. If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for Wicked, You must provide Wicked with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP.
9. Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Wicked. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, Wicked reserves the right to alter this schedule at any time for any reason. Wicked does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards will be presented during Wicked, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on this website in…
A Selection of Student Film work will be screened at special screening at the Wicked Film Festival
Best Film School
Best Short Film
Best Music Video
11. After the festival, a selection of more than one film (‘Collection’) may be chosen by the festival organisers for additional screenings or touring events or programs. Filmmakers have the option to give their consent to have their film included in a Collection. Any revenue received by us from any screenings of the Collection, filmmakers of those films in the Collection will receive a pro rata share of net revenue.
12. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote WFF, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
13. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of Wicked and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions We need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on Our reasonable request.
14. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Wicked and its curation and all related events.
15. You indemnify and hold harmless Wicked from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact Wicked Film Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or try submitting through one of these online platforms