Indie Game Quest
Indie Game Quest Official Rules
The Indie Game Quest (IGQ) is organised by Wicked Film Festival (WFF) with ($1000 Cash Prizes)
1. Indie Game Quest is open to everyone around the world to create a game from scratch in just 30 days to be played with and judged for prizes and awards. Each applicant will be assigned elements and themes to incorporate in your new game. You retain copyright and IP to your respective Entry and game.
2. Important Dates:
– ‘Kickoff’ date: 30 September 2016 – Friday at 7.00 pm (19:00) local time
– ‘Deadline’ date: 31 October 2016 – Sunday at 12.00 Midnight (24:00) your local time
– ‘Judging Period’ will begin – 30 October 2016
– Indie Game Quest announcements 20 November 2016
3. Eligibility of Applicant
– Your completed game and all related files to play the game, including its trailer and team details document that is submitted for the IGQ, constitutes an ‘Entry’.
– All Entries must be complete and submitted or uploaded by the Deadline date
– You only have thirty (30) days to submit your Entry. No Entries will be accepted after the Deadline date
– You Entry must be no longer than one (1) hour long and the trailer of your Entry must be no longer than five (5) mins
– By submitting an Entry to the IGQ you give WFF, its partners, jurors and audience permission to download your files and game to play during the festival and its ‘Judging Period’.
– Your Entry must be upload to a Dropbox folder provided by the organisers
– Your Entry must be virus free or it will be disqualified
– Everyone involved in the production of your Entry must be a volunteer and should be credited either on the game or the trailer
– All Entries must be in English
– Your Entry must be payable on Windows (at least in compatibility mode for Windows XP, Vista, or 7) or Mac computers
– The organisers of IGQ and WFF reserve the right to promote your Entry on any media or platform now known or later developed such as websites, blogs, social media, etc.
– You may only submit one Entry per application form. If you would like to submit another Entry you must apply again
4. You warrant that:
– You own the copyright to your Entry as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of the IGQ and WFF and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions that IGQ and WFF need to use your Entry, and you will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request
– Your Entry does not infringe any copyright or any other third-party rights and does not contain anything that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive
– We reserve the right not to publish or to cease to publish your Entry for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that your Entry is in breach of any law or regulation or otherwise that may create a liability for IGQ and WFF
– By submitting an Entry, you agree to allow us to contact you for future information, news or activities. Your information will not be passed on to any third parties without the written permission of either you or your parent or legal guardian if you are under 18 years
– You agree to be bound by the Indie Game Quest Official Rules in their entirety
5. The Applicant is the person who registers any individual or group to participate in the IGQ and who agrees to become the representative of that person/group/team. The Applicant is the only point of contact with the organisers of IGQ and acts on behalf of the participating person/group/team. The Applicant is solely responsible for submitting the registration form, making payments, all relevant documentation and compliance with the indie Game Quest Rules.
6. Registration fees
We only accept payment of fees through PayPal.
Registration fees are non refundable.
Registration fees are:
– Regular Registration Fees – AUD$30.00
– Student Registration Fees (20 years old and under) – AUD$10.00
– Students must supply the following:
– Student ID
– Name of school
– Lecturer’s/Teacher’s name
– Email address of lecturer or teacher
7. To register, you need to:
– Be familiar with and agree to abide by the Indie Game Quest Official Rules and other relevant information on our website (www.wickedfilmfestival.com)
– Complete and submit our online Registration Form with payment
After registering, the organisers will send a set of elements which you must include in your game.
– The beginning of the competition is 7.00 pm (19:00) local time in your city or town and you will be randomly assigned one (1) theme from your choice of two (2), which is the theme of your game.
– Kickoff – On Friday, 1 October 2016 at 7.00 pm (19:00) your local time – the organisers will email the you one (1) of your nominated themes.
– Deadline – Your Entry is required to be uploaded by Sunday, 31 October 2016 at 12.00 Midnight (24:00) your local time.
10. Team Details document… CLICK HERE
11. Given the costly and time-consuming nature of clearing commercial music for private use, We recommend you use original and/or library, non-commercial, royalty free music in their Films, providing in all cases that any music has been cleared for use in this way by the Music Release Form. Participating groups are encouraged to work with a local composer and/or musicians to write and record music for the films. As with music, pre-recorded sound effects are allowed, though you require the rights to use them.
12. The IGQ does not accept Entries submitted on a USB/DVD/Hard drive or other internet platforms other files uploaded to Dropbox.
13. Indie Game Quest will showcase the games from around the world at its official public exhibition and demonstration event and Awards Ceremony…These include:
Indie Game Quest Awards
- Best Game Best
- Technical Game
- Best Game Art
- Best Game Play
- Best Sound Music
- Best Original Game
- Best Setting
- Best Use of Theme
- Best Characters
- Best Story
Date: 26 November 2016
Venue: King Street Theatre, Newtown.
14. WFF and IGQ accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting an Entry to IGQ. We further accept no liability for any injury or damage to your, nor any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the IGQ.
15. WFF, IGQ and its partners and our jurors reserve the right to not accept and/or disqualify, at any time, any Entry that they do not believe is suitable.
16. Familiarise yourself with the Indie Game Quest Rules and other relevant information found on our website (www.wickedfilmfestival.com) and start your registration.
Register your team using the online Registration Form… CLICK HERE