Film Submission Overview (over 40 minutes)
Wicked Film Festival is now accepting film submissions from all ages from around the globe.
Film (over 40 mins) submissions are now open whether they be…
Action, Adventure, Alternative, Animation, Art, Avantgarde, Biography, Classics, Comedy, Comedy Drama, Crime, Culture, Dance, Dark Comedy, Documentary, Family, Fantastic, Fantasy, Film Noir, Flash, Health, History, Horror, Human Rights, Independent, Kids, LGBTI, Live Action, Medical, Melodrama, Mockumentary, Music Video’s, Mystery, Nature, News, Parody, Postmodern, Realism, Reality, Religion, Road Trip, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent movie, Social Issues, Spiritual, Surreal, Thriller, Transgender, Underground, Urban, War, Western… and more.
- Open for submissions – 6 November 2015
- Deadline for Regular submissions Midnight – 20 July 2016
- Deadline for Late and Student Submissions Midnight – 20 August 2016
- Announce official selection – 3 October 2016
- Wicked Film Festival – 17, 18, 19 and 20 November 2016
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers and submitters entering a film to the Wicked Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘Wicked’, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions.
2. Wicked only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to Wicked is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at Wicked events, if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have been produced during and after 2014
5. All submission fees are non refundable. Fees are:
Regular Submission Fees – midnight 20 July 2016
- Films – AUD$30.00 for films over 40 minutes
Late Submission Fees – midnight 20 August 2016
- Films – AUD$45.00 for films over 40 minutes
Student Submission Fees – midnight 20 August 2016
- Films – AUD$20.00 for films over 40 minutes
- No Late Fees apply
6.If You are submitting a feature film in the Student category, You must be enrolled in a university, college or film school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
- Student ID
- Name of university/college/film school
- Name of Your Course
- Lecture or Teacher
- Email of lecturer or teacher
7. How to Submit
Complete and submit Your online submission form.. click here
Pay relevant Submission fee via PayPal
You will receive confirmation of Your successful registration
Films must be submitted EITHER via online screener or into a Dropbox folder provided by Wicked
Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
- Production credits and contact details
- 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
- Media pack for promotional use by WFF
- A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a Wicked event. However, only films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue. If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for Wicked, You must provide Wicked with a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order for it to be screened. You will receive instructions on how to submit your DCP.
9. Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Wicked. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, Wicked reserves the right to alter this schedule at any time for any reason. Wicked does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards will be presented during Wicked, at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on this website in… Awards
11. After the festival, a selection of more than one film (‘Collection’) may be chosen by the festival organisers for additional screenings or touring events or programs. Filmmakers have the option to give their consent to have their film included in a Collection. Any net revenue received by us from any screenings of the Collection, filmmakers of those films in the Collection will receive a pro rata share.
12. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote Wicked, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
13. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of Wicked and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
14. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Wicked and its curation and all related events.
15. You indemnify and hold harmless Wicked from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact Wicked Film Festival: email@example.com
Or try submitting through one of these online platforms